Permission to use most LWW book content can now be obtained via RightsLink®, the Copyright Clearance Center’s online permissions service.
1. Search for the book that contains the material that you want to use on www.lww.com.
2. Click on the “Request Permissions” link that appears below the image of the book cover.
3. Follow the online instructions. Select from the drop down options to get a quick price, create a RightsLink® account if you do not have one, complete and pay for your order, and download and print your license.
For additional information about RightsLink®, please view a sample RightsLink® request here.
If the “Request Permissions” link brings you back to this page, your request requires review by LWW. In this case, please click here for the Wolters Kluwer Health Books Permissions Request form.
If the book from which you want to borrow content is not on our web site, please check our Copyright Reversions List to see if that title is included in that list. If the title is included in the Copyright Reversions List, you will need to contact directly the person or organization that currently holds the copyright to obtain permission; you can find the name of the current copyright holder next to the book title in the Copyright Reversions List. If the title is not included in the Copyright Reversions List, please click here for the Wolters Kluwer Health Books Permissions Request form. For general permission related questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in the subject line of your request “BOOK PERMISSIONS.”
Before Requesting Permission, Please Note the Following:
· Figures must be original to the LWW text and not credited to any other source.
· Completely following the instructions for requesting permission will enable us to maximize our turnaround time. We cannot guarantee that incomplete requests will be processed in a timely manner. It may be necessary to return incomplete requests for additional information. We appreciate your efforts to get all necessary information to us regarding your request.
Request for Files to Create Alternate Format Text for Student(s)
We will provide files in .pdf format for a student with a disability. Requests for these files must come from the institution’s Assistive Services department or from someone else on the staff who is responsible for the task. Please note that files are sent to that person, who is then responsible for delivering the files to the student.
Please click on the link below to be taken to the form for such requests, complete all the required fields, and provide the 13-digit ISBN. We will contact you if additional information is required.
Due to extremely high demand for these files, we ask that you order as far in advance as possible.
Click here for the Wolters Kluwer Health Books Disability Request form.
If you are a signatory of the STM Permissions Guidelines, you must check our Copyright Reversions List to ensure that LWW holds the copyright. Click this link to obtain the Copyright Reversions List.
Requesting Permission from LWW Journals
Permission to use most LWW journal content can be obtained using RightsLink. More information can be found on this page.]]>