Master medical language with the name you trust! Stedman's Medical Terminology is a mid-level medical terminology text that delivers minimal coverage of anatomy and physiology and plenty of hands-on exercises to reinforce learning. Each chapter alternates between term presentation and exercises to ensure that students can apply what they have learned immediately.
The interactive eBook is intuitive to navigate and easy to read, and includes these great features to make studying easier and faster:
- Comprehensive search capability for quick look-up
- Notes and highlighting functions
- All chapter exercises are interactive, providing instant answer feedback
- Embedded animations are instantly accessed with a single click to bring the material to life and clarify complex concepts
- Embedded links to instantly access the dictionary, audio pronunciations, and flashcards
- Instant access to companion electronic chapter activities
Throughout Stedman's Medical Terminology, exercises progress in a meaningful way, from recall and review, to word building, to comprehension, and finally to application and analysis through the use of "real-world" case study and medical record exercises. This approach allows the student to actively see their knowledge building and to connect what they are learning to real-life context. A robust, realistic, and relevant art program enhances the text, especially for visual learners.
The companion ancillaries, accessed instantly from within the interactive eBook, provide dozens of fun learning resources designed for visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners, including:
- Electronic flash cards and a flashcard builder that allows student to create and print their own
- Interactive activities such as Concentration, Roboterms (Hangman), Word Builder, Quiz Show, Complete the Case, Medical Records Review, Look and Label, Image Matching, Spelling Bee, and more!
- Chapter quizzes and a final exam
- Animations and videos that build upon the content in the text
- Audio glossary/Dictionary
- And much, much more!