Readers will consider this 2nd edition of Mathog’s Atlas of Craniofacial Trauma the definitive book on surgery for craniofacial trauma.
With over 1,100 illustrations this atlas lays out a clear step-by-step approach to procedures that treat craniofacial fractures. Since many of the procedures covered in this atlas cross a number of other specialties, presentations on vascular, central nervous system, dental and ophthalmic injuries are also included.
To ensure that the reader will have the most current methods for each procedure, the entire atlas has been updated. It’s also been expanded. In this latest edition, there are several new chapters including Imaging of the Craniofacial Fractures, Plates, Materials, and Instrumentation; Multidisciplinary Approach to Trauma; and Free Flap Reconstruction of the Mandible.
• All chapters emphasize plates and rigid fixation
• Over 200 new figures were added
• Multiple chapters discussing endoscopic techniques for repair of cerebral spinal fluid leaks, decompression of the optic nerve, and dacryocy stochinostomy
• Also covers airway management, temporal bone fractures, laryngeal trauma, and soft-tissue injuries
• Many alternative procedures are covered