Find any drug fact in 15 seconds or less—including 30 NEW drugs and important nursing considerations for every one. The Nursing2013 Drug Handbook -- the 33rd edition of the best-selling, original drug handbook for nurses -- provides complete monographs for more than 900 generic and 3,000 trade drugs.
Now also available as an App! Get complete drug entries on your Apple or Android device with the Brand NEW NDH App.
The monographs are consistently formatted for ease of use, and they focus on the practical information that nurses need. Each monograph consists of generic and trade names, pronunciation key, pregnancy risk category, pharmacologic class, controlled substance schedule (if applicable), available forms, indications and dosages, administration (with drug incompatibities for I.V. drugs), action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life), adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications, nursing considerations, and patient teaching.
You can count on Nursing2013 Drug Handbook to tell you unapproved, off-label drug uses so you’ll always know why a drug is prescribed. And, this year, be a more confident nurse with fingertip access to …
• 30 NEW drugs highlighted so you can’t miss them
• administration guidance for every appropriate route
• I.V. drug incompatibility information
• effects on lab test results for every drug
• drug-drug, along with drug-food, drug-lifestyle, and drug-herb interactions for expert monitoring, including rapid- and delayed-onset interactions
• dosage adjustment alerts for your patient with such conditions as renal or hepatic disease and for special populations
• every commonly prescribed drug.
• a full-color Photoguide to help you confidently identify 431 tablets and capsules
With the safeguards you’ll find only in the Nursing2013 Drug Handbook it’s easier than ever to stay current on the 3,000 latest changes to drug information and to avoid even the most common medication errors:
• Appendix on less commonly used drugs with indications and dosages
• NOW! A to Z format with alphabetical tabs for quick reference
• NOW! FDA TALL MAN let