Be prepared for any intensive care challenge with The Washington Manual of Critical Care, Second Edition. Developed by residents and faculty at the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, this practical and respected pocket manual contains easy-to-read algorithms for the management of more than 80 medical and surgical problems encountered in the intensive care unit (ICU).
• Convenient outline format and pocket size make the Manual easy to carry and its content easy to find, grasp, and retain.
• Comprehensive coverage addresses 80 medical and surgical conditions faced by residents in the ICU.
• Easy-to-read color algorithms assist in the management of ICU emergencies and in the performance of routine procedures.
• Handy appendices provide fingertip access to common equations in the ICU, drug-drug interactions, and common drug dosages and side-effects.
Chapters NEW to the Second Edition…
• Pulmonary Embolism
• Clostridium difficile and Other Infectious Causes of Diarrhea
• Maternal-Fetal Critical Care
• Alternative Hemodynamic Monitoring
• Functional Hemodynamic Monitoring