Disease Handbook for Massage Therapists is a quick reference for practicing massage therapists who need to make on-the-spot decisions on the applicability of their work when pathologies are present. The information included falls under five major topics:
- A brief definition and description of the condition. Associated conditions and diseases are indicated with bold font to direct readers to the appropriate other entries.
- A list of signs and symptoms
- A description of common treatment options, with emphasis on those that might influence choices about massage
- A list of types of medications that are often recommended to treat the condition; this issue can be further pursued in Drug Handbook for Massage Therapists
- A discussion of massage considerations, including possible risks, benefits, and advice for practitioners
Conditions are listed in alphabetical order, and cross-references for subtypes are found throughout the text.
A companion Website will offer the searchable full text online.