Eight Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Published Journals Earn 4 Gold, 3 Silver, and 6 Bronze Awards
Philadelphia, PA (May 20, 2013) –Wolters Kluwer Health is pleased to announce that its Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) published journals won 13 ASHPE awards in 10 categories. ASHPE’s annual awards competition recognizes member articles and publications for editorial, design, print and online award categories.
“It’s a tremendous honor to be recognized year after year for delivering high-quality publications that have become synonymous in the industry with quality, depth, and impact,” said Jayne Marks, Vice President Publishing, Wolters Kluwer Health, Medical Research. “I am extremely proud of the editorial, design, and publishing teams for their hard work and continued commitment to excellence.”
This year, LWW received four gold awards: Best Peer-Reviewed Journal – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeon; Best New Department – Emergency Medicine News; Best Profile – Neurology Now, published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology; and Best Regular Department – OR Nurse.
See below for the complete list of 2013 ASHPE awards received by LWW journals:
Best How-to Article:
- Bronze: OR Nurse 2012, “Identifying Substance Use Disorders in the OR” (July 2012)
Best New Department:
- Gold: Emergency Medicine News, “At Your Defense” (July, August, September 2012)
- Gold: Neurology Now, “Rocket Man: Astronaut Rich Clifford’s Journey with Parkinson’s Disease” (April/May 2012), Published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
Best Regular Department:
- Gold: OR Nurse 2012, “Smart Management” (January, March, September 2012)
- Bronze: Emergency Medicine News, “Diagnosis Deconstructed” (January, June, September 2012)
Best Single News Article:
- Bronze: Neurology Today, “Elevated Mortality Associated with Neurodegenerative Disease Reported Among Football Players—What the Study Says, What it Does Not Say” (October 4, 2012), Published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
Best Cover Illustration:
- Silver: American Journal of Nursing, “The 2012 Republican and Democratic Health Care Platforms” (October 2012)
Best Opening Page/Spread Photo:
- Bronze: Nursing2012, “An Inside Look at Correctional Health Nursing” (April 2012)
- Silver: American Journal of Nursing, “Off the Charts”
- Bronze: Emergency Medicine News, “M2E Too! Mellick’s Multimedia EduBlog”
Best Custom Publication:
- Silver: Neurology Now (August/September, October/November, December 2012), Published on behalf of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- Bronze: Heart Insight (May, August, November 2012), Published on behalf of the American Heart Association (AHA)
Best Peer-Reviewed Journal:
- Gold: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (September/November, 2012), Published on behalf of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
About American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE)
The American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors (ASHPE) is dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of healthcare publication editors, and thereby expanding their value to, and contribution of, the publications they serve. ASHPE is committed to fostering the highest ethical standards in management; rewarding excellence in publications development and editorial performance; and serving as an authority on evolving trends in the healthcare publishing sector.
About Wolters Kluwer Health
Wolters Kluwer Health (Philadelphia, PA) is a leading global provider of information, business intelligence and point-of-care solutions for the healthcare industry. Serving more than 150 countries and territories worldwide, Wolters Kluwer Health’s customers include professionals, institutions and students in medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy. Major brands include Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Ovid®, Medknow, UpToDate®, Medi-Span®, Facts & Comparisons®, Pharmacy OneSource®, Health Language®, Lexicomp® and ProVation® Medical.
Wolters Kluwer Health is part of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer had 2012 annual revenues of €3.6 billion ($4.6 billion), employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations in over 40 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
Director of Communications
Wolters Kluwer Health
+1 (215) 521-8928
Director, Marketing Communications
Wolters Kluwer Health Medical Research
+1 (646) 674-6348